It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving is already here. Whether you’re trying to get somewhere to be with people, preparing for an influx of relatives, or spending a relaxing and quiet day on the couch watching football, I hope the past 12 months have been extraordinary for you too!
Before we launch the frenzy of the Christmas shopping season and start the march to Christmas, I’d like to take a deep breath and share with you what I’m grateful for both personally and professionally.
- Family: Sheri and I are grandparents again! Our 5th grandchild, and 2nd granddaughter arrived in September and we have another one on the way! There’s nothing like being a grandparent; enjoying their sense of discovery, ability with technology at such an early age, and sending them home with their parents after loving on them!
- Backpacking: Sheri and I continue to enjoy backpacking. It’s wonderful to be in a place where there’s no cell phone coverage and enjoying life slowing down to the pace we’re able to walk. We went to Colorado this year and even though the trip didn’t go according to plan, it was still incredible!
- Friends: Our circle of friends has grown a little and our relationships with our longtime friends continues to deepen. In many ways, our friends are as much a part of our family as our kids, siblings, and parents are. Friends do make the journey even better, and the low spots not quite so tough!
- Growth: Wise Insurance Group continues to grow, month after month, and year by year. This growth is due to our clients sharing what we do with their family and friends, as well as several business partners who share us with their clients. Over 95% of our business is referred to us which is speaks to the three simple beliefs that continue to guide us.
- People are more important than transactions
- Provide people the information to make informed decisions in their best interest
- Treat people the way they want to be treated and the business will follow
- Partners: In order to bring complete solutions to our clients, we must partner with companies that share our beliefs and who care for each client. The companies we partner with are the ones we use to protect our and our friends homes, cars families and businesses. My belief is if we wouldn’t recommend them to a close friend or one of our kids, we won’t do business with them.
- Journey: The journey of starting a new insurance agency or business and wearing the many hats is amazing. It can be a little overwhelming too, but it’s incredibly rewarding to build on to the dream each day and share that journey with you! Elizabeth Reimer, a senior at Lake Highlands High School in Dallas continues to intern for us, and she’s been a huge help with several key projects. I’m excited to announce Dee Dean has joined us and is helping provide excellent service to our clients reviewing renewals, completing new policies, and making changes to existing policies. She’s been a huge help & I’m very grateful for her experience, knowledge, and attitude.
What are you thankful for? Take a moment to share it with me i on our Google + or Facebook pages. I’d love to hear from you!