Thanksgiving is quickly becoming a forgotten holiday sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas. Many people are rushing, trying to cram 5 days’ worth of business in two or three days. Some are trying to get out of town and others are stressing over re-creating a Norman Rockwell type of Thanksgiving. Throw in the incessant creep of Black Friday coming earlier and earlier (now Thursday evening at Walmart) and it’s no wonder that Thanksgiving gets short changed.
I have no desire to push back the clock and re-create the Cleaver household but I do think it’s important to take a slow, deep breath and pause for a few minutes and think about what we’re thankful for. Here is my top 5!
- Opportunity: I’m grateful for the opportunity to pursue a dream I’ve had for several years; starting Wise Insurance Group. This dream was built on three simple beliefs,
- People are more important than transactions
- Provide people the information to make informed decisions in their best interest
- Treat people the way they want to be treated the business will follow
- Relationships: No business can succeed for long without relationships. No relationship can be built without trust. Trust is built one piece at time by being honest, authentic and respectful with everyone. Our business grows each month because people appreciate the way we do business and share our name with their friends, family, and colleagues.
- Partners: In order to bring complete solutions to our clients, we must partner with companies that share our beliefs and care for the client. The companies we’ve partnered with are the ones we use to protect our own homes, cars & families with.
- Clients: We have some of the best clients any business could hope to have. Many are friends that feel like family. All go beyond being customers and they look to us to guide them. It speaks volumes to me when a client brings their son or daughter, mom or dad, friend or colleague to me to see what we can do for them.
- Journey: The journey of starting a new business and wearing the many hats is amazing. It can be a little overwhelming too, but it’s incredibly rewarding to build on to the dream each day and share that journey with you!
On a personal level, I’m grateful for my wife, our kids, and great friends! Life is better when lived alongside others. The good times are sweeter and the hard times are not so hard when there are people like my family, friends and you to live life with.
What are you thankful for? Take a moment and share it with us in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
P.S. Thank you Cynthia Cathcart & Cafe Danielle in Dallas for sharing a picture of your delicious food with us!