Townhomes can be insured in one of two ways, either as a single family home or as a condominium.  What determines this is what kind of insurance the Home Owner’s Association provides.

In the event that the HOA policy covers only common areas such as walkways, parking, club house, etc., as well as liability coverage for the association, the townhome policy will be written just like a single family home.  The policy covers the exterior of the townhome, the interior and the owner’s personal property.

When the HOA policy covers these things as well as the homes’ exterior and roof, the townhome policy is written just like a condominium policy.  The policy covers the interior of the townhome, from the sheet rock covering walls, flooring, cabinets, plumbing and lighting fixtures in addition to your personal property.

Wise Insurance Group works with you to identify what type and how much coverage you need.  Check out our Guide to Buying Townhome Insurance and learn more.  If you’d like a quote, click on the link and we’ll create one for you.

Buyers Guide Get Quote